Error on opening file - r134

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Use this game pack to create your own game, modify the existing game or simply take a look and see how it was made.
  • Link to .capx file (required!):

db.tt/KUSiTg2R

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open file in r134

Observed result:

Error message appears. After selecting "Retry", .capx loads. On a few random instances, it crashes with no reason.

Expected result:

Browsers affected:

Chrome: yes/no

Firefox: yes/no

Internet Explorer: yes/no

Operating system & service pack:

win 7 64bit sp1

Construct 2 version:r134

---------------------------

Construct 2 Check failure

Check failure! This is probably a bug:

Project file missing on disk

Condition: FileExists(last_path.c_str())

File: Projects\ProjectFile.cpp

Line: 23

Function: __cdecl ProjectFile::ProjectFile(class FileFolder &,const class std::basic_string<wchar_t,struct std::char_traits<wchar_t>,class std::allocator<wchar_t> > &,const class std::basic_string<wchar_t,struct std::char_traits<wchar_t>,class std::allocator<wchar_t> > &)

Build: release 134 (64-bit) checked

Component: Construct 2 IDE

(Last Win32 error: 2)

You are using a 'checked' release of Construct 2, intended for testing, which causes certain errors to be reported this way. Hit Ctrl+C to copy this messagebox - it's useful information for the developers, so please include it with any bug reports! Click 'Abort' to quit (unsaved data will be lost!),'Retry' to turn off messages for this session and continue, or 'Ignore' to continue normally.

Abort   Retry   Ignore   

• The problem is that icon-16.png, icon-32.png, icon-114.png, icon-128.png and loader-logo.png are missing. From r134 these files are added to existing projects if they are not there. I don't know how this could have happened, because it copies the files to the project, and they should be saved in to the project next time you press Save. Did you try to delete the files manually? What exactly did you do before this problem started happening? I don't think we can fix this unless you provide the steps to make the problem happen in the first place. As far as I know, it hasn't happened to anyone else, so there seems to have been something else you did you your project to make it do this.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks Ashley, for looking into this.

I'm not sure either how that got deleted. I remember having to expand the .capx file to get a sprite to save it externally in order to make it into a tiledBackground.

Not sure how the Files folder got removed.

In any case, I created a new C2 project, copied the Files folder into my game folder, and now it works.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)