Error with Javascript Minification

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Use this game pack to create your own game, modify the existing game or simply take a look and see how it was made.
  • Problem Description

When trying to Export an HTML5 project, if the minify javascript option is checked, export fails with message "Error during export, cannot open file c2Runtime_min.js"

Both java 32 and 64bit are installed and updated. This is version r173 64bit/steam

Running both steam and Construct as Administrator

Fresh install of Windows 8.1 (new machine) AND Verified on fresh install Windows 8.1 (old machine)

Error happens on any Capx.

Attach a Capx

N/A happens on a fresh project and also on old projects

Description of Capx

N/A

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Step 1: Install Construct 2
    • Step 2: Install Java 32 and 64 (I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling, only 32, only 64, etc)
    • Step 3: export and choose HTMl5

Observed Result

process opens multiple command windows and then finally fails with error message

Expected Result

Minified javascript

Affected Browsers

N/A

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 8.1 fully patched and updated

Construct 2 Version ID

r173 64bit/steam

• Can't reproduce, works here. Are you sure Java is installed correctly on your machine and that you have full read-write permission to the export folder? Does it reproduce on any other computers?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yes, Java is installed correctly and verfied (both 32bit and 64bit versions). I have tried on two separate machines. Java version is 7 update 65. I even tried a brand new empty project and on both machines I get the same error. Both machines I am logged in as admin, also running Steam as an administrator and Construct as well.

Both machines are fresh installs (one machine is a new machine, the other is my old machine which I reloaded windows on)

My version of Construct is the steam version, personal license. I have given the "Everyone" group full access to the folder and it is the same issue.

Could this be a Steam version or windows 8.1 issue maybe?

• Same error for me if the minify javascript option is checked during any export.

"Error during export, cannot open file c2Runtime_min.js"

The error only happen with the construct2 64 bits version, if I use the 32bit version, the minify is working well.

As Bossmojoman java 32 and 64bit are both installed and updated.

Operating System and Service Pack

-----------------------------------------------

Windows 8.1

Construct 2 Version ID

------------------------------

r178

• Found a random forum about unrelated Java bugs, and decided to see if I have the same version. Upon opening CMD and typing in the command "java -version", it reports back with a similar worded error: "Error: could not open `C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\amd64\jvm.cfg'" Boom. It is a problem with java. Now keep in mind, this is even after having updated Java to the most recent version (version 7 update 67).

Decided to take another look at the Java files on my drive... noticed something out of place.

The Solution for me: Delete the JRE folder in WINDOWS; it doesn't belong. C:\WINDOWS\jre

Very strange, but it works likes a charm. Minify Script now works, as does java -version command in CMD.

Hope this helps you guys out!

• Thanks hermitpenguin, had exact same issue, followed your instructions, worked perfectly!

• You are my new best friends. Thank you!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)