EMBARASSED AND PISSED!

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
  • I go to meet with an investor, open Construct2 to run the demo simulation we developed and ALL the videos embedded in the game are running UPSIDE DOWN!

Not good! Not good at all!

Let me be clear: The simulation game was running perfectly prior to the meeting. The videos run fine when run through ANY media player. Nothing has changed in the coding.

At 8:30am it runs fine...at 9:30am it runs upside down.

• I would guess it's either something with the driver's, or more likely some weird setting on the laptop that changes the playback of video based on hardware orientation.

The software was designed to run on one of those flip books perhaps.

Upload a minimal capx that reproduces the issue if you would like to document a bug, and or help in getting something fixed.

• Newt, I appreciate the response, but it's not a capx issue - when I open a new project and load the video it still comes in upside down. It's an app issue.

• Newt, I appreciate the response, but it's not a capx issue - when I open a new project and load the video it still comes in upside down. It's an app issue.

its probably a browser cache issue, or windows compatibility cache issue/localstorage cache thing.

However

you said it was around 1 hr difference between the presentation and your test so there is no way you changed your Windows or C2 version between that time also..... so it only remains the fact that it might be your graphic drivers from your laptop, that have quit'd on you, or even worst the graphic card itself its to old and wants to park in the GPU Heavens. Which sounds more probabilisticly possible from the mentions you did.

P.S that big title based on your frustration today shouldn't be like that ... we all feel the frustration when stuff goes wrong when we expect them the less.. however is not the reason to ask for help in a harsh manner, its a high chance you will get a harsh response or probably 0 solutions.

• did you updated C2 to the r240? webgl has changed to webgl 2 (i don't know if this can really matter)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm not sure where the fault lies whether with Construct2 or Mozilla.

Nonetheless, I should not accuse anyone unless I know where the responsibility lies. And as the great Marlon Brando once said "Never tell anybody outside the family what you're thinking..."

• Did you try running it using other browsers? Or maybe NW.js?

• Closing as I'm afraid despite how upset you may be, there is nothing we can do about reports like this. The bug report requirements are there so we can actually have a chance of fixing it.

FWIW, the actual video playback is mainly handled by the browser, OS, and graphics driver. Graphics drivers are notoriously buggy so it could have gotten updated and broke.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)