Dialog "Edit theme color" misses functionality

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Template for a generic save / load system, fully documented in comments and video
  • Link to .capx file (required!):

This is an user interface issue of C2 itself. I refer to this post instead: http://www.scirra.com/forum/topic68143_post451577.html#451577

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start Construct 2

2. Open the "Edit theme colors" dialog

3. Try to change any color

Observed result:

Colors can't be changed due to further actions (opening color picker) missing.

Expected result:

Being able to change a color.

Browsers affected:

Chrome: no

Firefox: no

Internet Explorer: no

Operating system & service pack:

Win XP SP3, 32-bit. Balloon tips disabled. Graphics drivers up-to-date. Tested as user and as administrator.

Construct 2 version:

r139 stable

• So you click a color in the list and nothing happens?

It works fine on Windows 8, and I checked the documentation for all the functions we use and they are all supported on XP as well. Have you got Internet Explorer installed and updated? Uninstalling it can disable some Windows features which could be the cause of this.

• So you click a color in the list and nothing happens?Right.

Have you got Internet Explorer installed and updated? Uninstalling it can disable some Windows features which could be the cause of this.Internet Explorer 8 exists and gets updated regularly through the system updates (mainly security issues). Its version number says 8.0.6001.18702 which I believe is the last published version.

Is the color picker that is not opening the same as the one from the image editor? That one works, so what is the difference?

What makes me wonder is that nobody else already mentioned this or is confirming. I hope I'm not the only one using XP SP3 32-bit with C2.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It's the same popup, yes. I've done an attempted workaround for Windows XP in the next build. Let me know if that fixes it.

• Ashley

There's no change in r144.2

The color picker still doesn't show up.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)