Crosswalk Player not launching games on r192

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Rounded Vector Geometry Player Design with Glow for 3 player games
  • Problem Description

When trying to preview over WI-fi on rev192 I only get a black screen. I updated to latest version of the crosswalk player and tested this on both my laptop and PC

It fails on both. I downgraded back to rev 191 on my pc and crosswalk player works fine again.

I can launch the game in chrome wile on rev 192 from my TAB.

Attach a Capx

Any capx can be used to test

Description of Capx

N/A

Steps to Reproduce Bug

Launch any project then attempt to run it in Crosswalk player over WI-Fi

Observed Result

Crosswalk player gives me a black screen and stays there indefinitely.

Expected Result

Game should launch

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: No, game runs in chrome over WI-Fi

Operating System and Service Pack

____ Win 7 64Bit SP1 ____

Construct 2 Version ID

____ R192 ____

• After 23 views and no replies I take it I'm the only one with this problem?

Could anyone confirm if their crosswalk player is working fine on r192?

• Is the Crosswalk Player still maintained by Intel? I thought they had dropped it. What version of Crosswalk is it using? Does it work if you build a Crosswalk app with the XDK?

• Hi Ashley, yes building with XDK works fine. I was on an older version of the crosswalk player 5.something. I upgraded the player to 8.37.189.14, but results were the same. When previewing a game in crosswalk player on both 5.x and the latest version I just got a black screen. I could still preview through Chrome though. I then downgraded back to R191 and the player worked again. I will give it another bash tonight. Seems its just me with the issue so could be something with my setup. I'll let you know how it turns out. Thank you

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Not sure if the player has been dropped. If so then that's ok, I'll just test with Chrome going forward. I liked the player as it is a full screen test on my tab, but I'd much rather have the latest version of C2 running.

• We made some changes to the Crosswalk preview mode recently but I guess if the Player doesn't support Cordova (which it might not on content over http://, which the preview is) then it would be broken. I reverted it to the r191 code so it should work again. But I think nothing will work differently to Chrome in the Crosswalk Player because of that restriction. You may as well just test in Chrome and use the 'Request fullscreen' action to get fullscreen.

• Perfect. Thanks Ashley

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)