Basically, I wanted to add an explosion for certain events so I opened up the Particle explosions example and tried to use the Particles object from there, but Construct 2 crashes. I have verified that the following steps result in crashes on my system 100% of the time with n=6.
- Open Construct 2
- Load Chuck.capx
- File -> Open
- Load examples/Particle explosions.capx
- Drag Particles from Projects:Particle explosions/Object types to Projects:Chuck/Object types
- Right click on Particle explosions in Projects and Close project
- Don't save
- Double click Layout 1 in Projects
- Drag Particles onto Layout 1
- Construct 2 crashes (Construct 2 game creator has stopped working)
If I skip steps 6 and 7, step 9 does not cause a crash. However, I'm still unable to drag and drop the Particles object type onto Layout 1 (I am able to drag and drop other object types onto Layout 1). The really frustrating thing is that I don't even actually want to add an instance of Particles to Layout 1. I'm forced to because if I don't, I get the message "Assertion failure: No default instance when creating object. You must have at least one instance of every object type in at least one layout. This will be fixed in a future build..." when I try to have the System create Particles upon a collision.