Corrupted capx: Project missing files

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Problem Description

____ A concise description of your problem here ____

On saving .capx as single file, then closing and reopening construct 2 r168, a dialog opens saying it is missing files

sometimes it is just the logo for when previewing, sometimes it's this:

Animation/sprites/default/000.png

either way it won't edit or preview properly and my .capx is corrupted.

Attach a Capx

____ Upload a Capx to this post ____Description of Capx

Walking animations of universal lpc sprite with layout added for entering and exiting a house and commands to use number keys: 8 up, 5 down, 4 left, 6 right, 7 create bullet (arrow) , 9 create bullet (fireball)

Steps to Reproduce Bug

Open

Observed Result

The .capx file becomes randomly corrupted when saving, closing, and reopening

Expected Result

To be able to COMPLETE a project with it being corrupted before I'm finished

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • FireFox: (YES)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 8.1 version 6.3 (Build 9600)

Construct 2 Version ID

Construct 2 r168

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Don't repeatedly create tons of bug reports for the same bug. You can edit your posts instead.

• if i made several it was unintentional. I only went back to edit it and thought i was changing the initial post

• To edit your posts, click the icon that looks like a pencil in the top right of your post. Clicking back after submitting a new topic takes you back to the new topic page instead.

• ok ty, but can i get some help with this?

• There is little that can be done with this as it is just a corrupted project with missing graphics. There are no steps or procedure to show how this happened, so no way for Ashley to fix. For instance, what location was the project stored? Was it on a local HD, a memory stick, an online drive or something else?

Hopefully you have setup the automatic backups.

It is possible to open this project but you will need to re-add many of the missing graphics.

** EDIT **

As the missing graphics appeared to be just dummy collision sprites, I've redone them quickly. Your .capx now opens and runs without error.

• Closing, it's an already corrupt project, there is nothing we can do without the steps to reproduce this. Make sure you turn on Construct 2's backup options and if this ever happens again you should just be able to restore a backup.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)