Construct2 r146 issues

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
  • 1. Construct2 r146 (Stable) is not supporting CocoonJS 1.4-accelerated mode

For a physics-based game, I set the CocoonJS physics engine into accelerated mode, exported it into zip, tested it on iPad2 and iPad-retina device with CocoonJS launcher and got the following results.

(i) iPad-retina device displayed a black-screen. Even audio could not be played.

(ii) iPad2 was able to run the game, but it couldn't use/show any physics force

2. Construct2 r146 configuration settings for using/not using iOS retina display, is not working

I exported the game with CocoonJS standard web-based mode (Use iOS retina display-> Never) and got the following results.

(i) iPad2 was able to run the game well with fullscreen

(ii) But iPad-retina displayed the game-screen with half width and half height of the device (means it's using retina display) [iOS7 installed on iPad-retina]

I urgently need these issues to be fixed soon. For now, I think to use older stable version of Construct2 to solve these problems. Is there any other solution? Kindly suggest.

• That sounds like bugs, report that in the Bugs forum and provide a minimal capx.

• As a side note, the same problem exists with exporting to CocoonJS for an Android build. It does not load with accelerated physics but it does load with standard web-based physics.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • 1) You'll need CocoonJS Launcher 1.4.3 to test the physics works. It should already be available on Android, but I don't know when it'll come to iOS, hopefully soon. Workaround: use web-based physics.

2) The iOS retina display setting is ignored in CocoonJS. I cannot reproduce any difference in rendering after changing this setting, which makes sense, because the code ignores it in CocoonJS mode.

• 1) You'll need CocoonJS Launcher 1.4.3 to test the physics works. It should already be available on Android, but I don't know when it'll come to iOS, hopefully soon. Workaround: use web-based physics.

2) The iOS retina display setting is ignored in CocoonJS. I cannot reproduce any difference in rendering after changing this setting, which makes sense, because the code ignores it in CocoonJS mode.

Ashley

You mean to say iOS retina display issue is needed to be fixed by Ludei? No solution for now?

• Asit - I think so.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)