1. I have completed my project and just wanted to tweak up the small minor things. The project i have is basic, it is a basic background with a space ship that has moving meteors and when the meteors come in contact with the space ship it has an event where it explodes and plays a sound now all that worked fine no problems at all. Now to touch up the contact borders i wanted to tweak the objects box. Just before i go further im currently using a textbook guide on how to complete this project so i followed the steps. Now when i edit the object/image and select the bottom tool in the edit image window and then right click and select guess polygon shape the program crashes
2. Hi recently just got c2 for a course im doing and ive gotten to the first few stages of my module.
im requested to create a simple 2D game.
Ive opened my project and ive added layers and things though once im on the main page and i try to zoom out both using the view tab zoom in/out and holding down Ctrl + Scroll Wheel construct 2 crashes. Im not sure whats causing this but its really difficult to bear with this everytime im trying to zoom out or in.
Attach a Capx
the capx file i have attached is a totally blank new project that only has a object sprite inserted and loaded from strip but the same issues apply.
Description of Capx
open construct 2 and in the program zoom out/in from the tools at the top or hold down Ctrl + scroll wheel up/down and the program will proceed to crash. Second crash is when you double click the object in the object tab to edit the image select the polygon tool and then right click the object and try to select guess polygon shape and the program again shall proceed to crash and close.
Steps to Reproduce Bug
- click on any object in the objects section i.e meteor
- double click it so the edit window opens
- select the bottom tool select collision polygon
- once the collision polygon is selected right click the object
- select Guess Polygon Shape
- construct 2 program crashes at this point
double click the layer to add an object i.e. sprite
now add/load image
close the edit window
hold down Ctrl + scroll wheel or use the zoom out/in function at top
Construct 2 program crashes and proceeds to close.
Construct 2 program crashes and proceeds to close resulting in everything up to the last save to be lost.
to be able to use the option Guess Polygon Shape without having the program to shut down.
- Chrome: (YES/NO) N/A
- FireFox: (YES/NO) N/A
- Internet Explorer: (YES/NO) N/A
the project error does not relate to the browser as this only occurs within the program and not when i run the whole thing.
Operating System and Service Pack
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600)
Construct 2 Version ID
Release 178 (64bit)