1. Create two objects of the same type.
2. Give the first object a instance variable.
3. go to the event sheet and add event.
4. select the object that doesn't have an instance variable and select "compare instance variable".
It says "<none, add instance variable first>", so far so good.
5. Click back twice and select the object that does have an instance variable.
6. Select "compare instance variable" and a check failure occurs:
Construct 2 Check failure
Check failure! This is probably a bug:
Returning NULL instance variable
Condition: instance_var != NULL
Function: class InstanceVariable *__thiscall EventParameter::GetInstanceVariable(void) const
Build: release 56 (32-bit) checked
Component: Construct 2 IDE
(Last Win32 error: 0)
You are using a 'checked' release of Construct 2, intended for testing, which causes certain errors to be reported this way. Hit Ctrl+C to copy this messagebox - it's useful information for the developers, so please include it with any bug reports! Click 'Abort' to quit (unsaved data will be lost!),'Retry' to turn off messages for this session and continue, or 'Ignore' to continue normally.
Abort Retry Ignore
Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.
Thanks, fixed in next build!