Cocoon Physics

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Simple yet very life-like rag doll made with Physics!
  • Link to .capx file (required!):

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50465867/PhysicsCocoonTest.capx

Steps to reproduce:

1. Play game in browser

2. Convert to Cocoon

3. Play game on mobile

Observed result:

In the browser, things work fine. Click anywhere on the screen, and when the immovable object's frame is different, the falling object will disable physics collision and the two will just pass through. On Cocoon, however, the falling object will always bounce off of the immovable object, even if the designated conditions are true. This was fine in the previous build I believe 127.

Expected result:

The objects should pass through each other if the immovable object is set to frame 1.

Browsers affected:

Chrome: no

Firefox: no

Internet Explorer: no

Operating system & service pack:

Windows 7 64bit Service Pack 1

Construct 2 version:

Beta 128.2

• Hi there,

I thought I'd just follow up on this rather than start a new one. I noticed this line in Construct r131 release notes.

"Also note CocoonJS accelerated physics has been turned off for the time being, so your projects aren't broken while Ludei are working on the bug fixes. Hopefully we'll be able to turn it on again soon."

I just tried my project out on Cocoon again, and the issue with the disabled collision is still occuring. Is this unrelated to the CocoonJS accelerated physics?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • On a possibly related note, I've noticed some pretty wonky physics behaviour with my project in CocoonJS. In r132 my game freezes then crashes a few seconds later when I start it, and will only run when I uncheck minify script - which I thought was restabalised in r132.

Similarly, disable collisions seem to still be inactive, even in r132, when running in CJS.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)