Check failure-> action-display_string

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Various Bell Sounds (from small to huge) / 35 Unique Clips / 2:46 minutes of audio
  • r52, FF 6.0

I get an object parameter. In the display string I display it between

<b></b>

In C2, when validating the settings of my action, at the moment of creation of the new action in the sheet I get a check failure.

It appears that objects are already returned in this format (bold):

---------------------------
    Construct 2 Check failure
    Check failure!  This is probably a bug:

Encountered second <b> before first was closed with </b>

Condition: bold_flag == false
    File: Controls\EventString.cpp
    Line: 203
    Function: void __thiscall EventString::FragmentString(void)
    Build: release 52 (32-bit) checked
    Component: Construct 2 IDE
    (Last Win32 error: 0)

You are using a 'checked' release of Construct 2, intended for testing, which causes certain errors to be reported this way.  Hit Ctrl+C to copy this messagebox - it's useful information for the developers, so please include it with any bug reports!  Click 'Abort' to quit (unsaved data will be lost!),'Retry' to turn off messages for this session and continue, or 'Ignore' to continue normally.
    Abandonner   Recommencer   Ignorer   

Ignoring launches a serie of errors about bold marks not being opened, or being already opened.

It is not really a bug, and concerns plugin dev rather than end users. Just reporting to see if it desserves its own alert or something.

• I'm not sure I understand, can you post the entire display string you used? The error message should only appear if you use two open tags, like <b>Hello<b>. Might be a typo?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Nope, not a typo, promised.

The display message was :

"Set <b>{0}</b> as support for the board" where {0} is an object from an object parameter. (The picked object that had the check failure was a Sprite).

It seems like the output of the object parameter already is formated like: <b>Name of the object</b>. Then using "<b>{0}</b>" gives the check failure once you setted up the action in C2 during edit time.

• Oh right, object parameters are already bolded. Just don't put the <b></b> around them.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)