Really simple repro:
0. Either ((download the CAPX and jump to step 6)) OR ((start from step 1))
1. New project
2. Add sprite1
3. Add sprite2
4. Add family with sprite1 and 2
5. Add instance variable for family
6. Select the family (reselect it if already selected) so that its properties are loaded
7. Change the value of the instance variable in the properties window.
Construct 2 Check failure
Check failure! This is probably a bug:
Changed an instance variable property with no instances selected
File: Bars\PropertiesBar - Instance.cpp
Function: void __cdecl InstanceVarPropertyChangedHandler::CreateUndoPoint(const class std::basic_string<wchar_t,struct std::char_traits<wchar_t>,class std::allocator<wchar_t> > &)
Build: release 79.4 (64-bit) checked
Component: Construct 2 IDE
(Last Win32 error: 0)
You are using a 'checked' release of Construct 2, intended for testing, which causes certain errors to be reported this way. Hit Ctrl+C to copy this messagebox - it's useful information for the developers, so please include it with any bug reports! Click 'Abort' to quit (unsaved data will be lost!),'Retry' to turn off messages for this session and continue, or 'Ignore' to continue normally.
Abort Retry Ignore
Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.
Arg, another family variables bug. Thanks, should be fixed for next build.