I'm a huge fan of the canvas recording feature and so far it was working like a charm.
However recently when testing out the project in fullscreen mode, I've noticed a huge performance drop while recording.
Recording with a window size of 1920x1080 in windowed mode works as intended but recording
with exactly the same resolution in fullscreen mode is affecting the performance heavily.
Attach a Capx
Click HERE to enter the download dimension.
Description of Capx
Steps to Reproduce Bug #1 (FPS Drop)
- Run the project and start the recoding
- Toggle between fullscreen and windowed mode
- Notice FPS drop in fullscreen mode
Steps to Reproduce Bug #2 (Crash On NW.js)
- Run the project and start the recoding (using WebM VP9)
- Maximize the window
- Notice that the memory usage is steadily increasing
- Crash when reaching limit
Observed Result (Memory Usage Measurements [NW.js])
Using WebM VP8:
- Windowed Mode = ~120.000K
- Fullscreen Mode = ~134.000K
Using WebM VP9:
- Windowed Mode = CRASHED! (It used more and more memory until it reached it's limit.)
- Fullscreen Mode = ~455.000K
Recording should be fine using fullscreen mode and WebM VP9 should not crash.
- NW.js: YES (FPS Drop + Crash)
Operating System and Service Pack
Windows 7 with latest updates and up to date drivers.
Construct 2 Version ID
Newest release r234 Steam release. [Personal Edition]
Additional maybe useful information:
- NW.js version: v0.17.0
- Checked C2 data with the Steam software data check system (0 Errors Found)