Cannot add new animations or frames to a Sprite object

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • Project file link: dropbox.com/s/0ea0maf9vn9t6ur/penelopetwodotoh%20-%20Copy.capx

Repro steps: Double click object "sprite" in "Object types". Right click animation window. Observe the option to "Add animation" is greyed out.

Expected behavior: "Add animation" is not greyed out.

Actual Behavior: "Add animation" is greyed out. NOTE: The same occurs for the "Add Frame" option in the Animation Frames window, the option is greyed out.

Some background info: Construct 2 crashed while I was running the project. When I reopened it, I observed sluggish performance while working in the animation window. I was able to add a few frames to an animation then this bug occurred. It seems the project file has been corrupted. It would be nice if there was a way to fix this without having to redo the project from scratch again.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi lupyenyoung,

I've just downloaded your project and it is working fine in Construct 2 and Construct 3 to add an animation.

I feel whatever happened when Construct 2 crashed may have corrupted something; I would suggest to uninstall and re-install Construct 2 and see if this fixes the error you are getting.

Hope this helps.

Luke :)

• Yes that worked, thanks for the help Luke.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)