Cannot actively change the fullscreen mode

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • Problem Description

The project property is set to have the Configuration Setting 'Fullscreen in browser' to 'Scale outer'. However, I want to change the 'Fullscreen in browser' setting to 'Crop' when the keyboard is brought up. Using the browser object I set the action to 'Request fullscreen - Stretch (crop)' on Touch of a sprite button or touch of a Textbox field. The app does not appear switch to 'Crop' mode. If the project's property is set to 'Crop' from the beginning it behaves as expected, but I want to be able to switch from 'Scale outer' to 'Crop'.

Attach a Capx

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/527 ... dTest.capx

Description of Capx

The capx displays a Textbox field and a sprite button as event triggers to "attempt" to change the mode to 'Crop'.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Export the project as a Mobile Cordova platform
    • Use Intel XDK to build the project as an Apple iPhone/iPad app.
    • Install the app on your iPhone/iPad
    • Click on either the Textbox field or the sprite button

Observed Result

Notice that the screen does not crop. Instead the screen narrows.

Expected Result

The screen should crop not narrow as the keyboard displays.

Affected Browsers

• Safari (the default browser on iPhone?)

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 7 Home Premium service pack 1

Construct 2 Version ID

Construct 2 Version Release 233 (64 bit)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I doubt that this is a bug but I'd recommend to wait for a response from Ashley himself.

There are a few posts like this and I even made a feature request similar to this report.

• Thanks for the reply TheRealDannyyy

• Yeah, this is more of a feature request - the runtime is not really designed to change the fullscreen mode at runtime and the Browser object's action is not really meant to be a way to alter the project setting. Nor do I think it's sensible to use this approach to work better with a keyboard - going fullscreen tends to hide any other UI, which could include hiding the keyboard the user just tried to bring up...

I'm going to close this report in favour of the feature request that TheRealDannyyy made.

• Thanks for the response Ashley!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)