C2 r228 shows error msg when I open project made from r227

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Use this game pack to create your own game, modify the existing game or simply take a look and see how it was made.
  • Problem Description

Good thing I made a backup before updating to C2 R228 because when I opened my project every time in the new C2 r228 release, this error message shows up. I am not entirely sure what caused this since I just updated and reopened my project so I can't tell for sure but It has something to do with the family objects I had that made conflict with the update.

Attach a Capx

I can't post a sample .capx since I don't know the exact reason yet since it happened when I updated to C2 r228.

Description of Capx

N/A

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Updated to C2 r228.
    • Opened a game project.
    • Error Message box always shows up.

Observed Result

Error Message always shows up when I open my project.

Expected Result

Project to open properly without error.

Affected Browsers

• N/A
    • N/A
    • N/A

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 8.1 64-bit with everything updated.

Construct 2 Version ID

Construct 2 r228 beta release.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Nevermind, Solved. Not a C2 problem but a Spriter(scml) Plugin problem.

Edit: I am not sure anymore if this is a C2 problem or a SCML plugin problem because this is the weirdest thing I have seen in Construct 2.

-Sprites and Scml objects shouldn't be family, that's just wrong.

Ashley ?

• Nothing we can do without a .capx and steps to reproduce, as per the bug report guidelines. Note stable releases don't show those messages, so it could have been happening in r227 as well, just without showing the message.

• Ashley - I will make a .capx to reproduce this. But I want to try to figure out whether it is a C2 or scml problem since it only happens when I update an scml object in C2. I might post it tomorrow.

• Nevermind again, it is a scml plugin bug. I'll probably report this to Brashmonkey instead.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)