C2 crashing when using certain VGA resources

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you will learn how to use the GooglePlay Games native plugin
  • Problem Description

Functions I assume that uses certain video card resources crashes C2. I REALLY want to test C2 before I buy it, I'm really into it.

I also read a LOT of posts in forums and Scirra explanations about it being the VGA manufacter's guilt, and that they're responsable for those problems, but I just can't get it. How can't a software be completely incompatible with my combination of soft and hardware? I decided to post on Scirra's forums after a week of research about problem & cause. Please, help me.

Update: I tried to run C2 again to get some screenshots of little issues, like a little area being covered by the black color, and discovered that after I had changed the style to "basic", I can't turn it to any other style. And that's what I see:

s13.postimg.org/j439oqjsn/problem.png

Please, Scirra. I REALLY want to buy C2 and develop my games on it, but it's getting really hard. As a advertiser/publicist and a common client, I beg you: don't answer me with a link to a release or something. You guys know the value of a community.

And yes, I read the board's rules, but this is the only way I found to get answers about this problem.

And yes, I updated all the drivers.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Start C2.
    • Try to use any functions vga (i.e. zoom).
    • Crash.

Observed Result

C2 crashes.

Expected Result

C2 to work.

Affected Browsers

Testing the game on browsers works.

• Chrome: (NO)
    • FireFox: (NO)
    • Internet Explorer: (NO)

Operating System and Service Pack

I'm providing more info, in case it's a compatibility issue.

• Processor: Intel Core i5 3.30GHz
    • Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. B85M-E/BR
    • VGA: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (Gigabyte)

Construct 2 Version ID

The latest free version available on Steam, but the same problem occurred with other that I tested. I wish I could get you the version ID, but as you can see on the screen, it's impossible.

• Crashing such as this is nearly always GPU related. You say you "don't get it", but even top games require the latest drivers, and even then, crashes sometimes occur.

Having said that, have you downloaded the latest build from this site? It's link is at the bottom of this page.

Try uninstalling the steam version, rebooting and then installing the version from here.

Also, make sure you have the latest WHQL drivers installed for your GPU card.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Well I can't reproduce, zooming does and always has work fine for me, and as far as I can tell the vast majority of users since we would be getting a lot more reports if C2 really was broken. So this suggests an issue specific to your system.

GPU driver bugs (and the latest drivers can still be buggy) are one of the top causes of crashes in C2, so I still strongly suspect that. Most vendors write terrible quality drivers. If you're using the Steam version, perhaps you could try downloading the version direct from our site instead and running it after closing Steam, in case it's Steam itself that is breaking C2?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)