My C2 has been crashing every 10 minutes, help please..

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Creepy Sprite Font suitable font for your Dark/Horror/Halloween games.
  • Problem Description

when i open construct it will work perfectly, then about 10 minutes... a loud sound plays like a *beep* and then construct crashes and it becomes unusable , i cant click on anything...then i need to close with the administrator...

im been having this probelm since 1 or 2 months ago...but i dint post anything becuase i did not have a message or any info anymore tehn saying just, -it crashed , but sometimes rarely a message will pop out...so i took a screenshot and will post it to see if you can recgonize the problem... another clue is that if im near the time it will crash and i run the preview of my project... all the font in my game will be tiny and it will loose its font and go back to arial...

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• open construct, and start working normally.
    • constrcut crashes aftera sound and it gets locked up.
    • sometimes a error message pops out (very rarely) but i have a screen shot of it...

Operating System and Service Pack

Win8, 64bits Using Node-Webkit

Construct 2 Version ID

from r164 to r170

EDIT: I just attached a screenshot of how the font of the game changes when c2 crashes, i hope this give you any hints, Thanks!!

• Just suppositions, that maybe could help you work a little better until this is solved.

Question : Do you have the back-up options set up, and if so does it works? (since if it happens somewhat regularely, I don't see another thing that could cause that). Unless another program could be interfering ith C2 maybe (but this is still a supposition)

• Just suppositions, that maybe could help you work a little better until this is solved.

Question : Do you have the back-up options set up, and if so does it works? (since if it happens somewhat regularely, I don't see another thing that could cause that). Unless another program could be interfering ith C2 maybe (but this is still a supposition)

well my backup works fine...but you gave me a good option to look for, i will deisable backups to see what happens, and report results

• Is the crashing happening with any project or just a particular one? Is the project large?

Have you tried turning the icon cache off in preferences (which should help with large projects)?

• zenox98

yes its a large project... what is thi icon cache you are taling about??? 0: have no idea what it is...

• Lunatrap

It's in the new beta. Here's the write-up:

"New experimental option in Preferences dialog: 'Cache icons in editor for better performance'. Defaults to on (which is what it used to do). If turned off, it can reduce editor performance since every time an icon is needed it will have to re-load the object image and resize it down to an icon. Icon quality is also reduced to help make this as fast as possible, but this mode has the benefit of helping to avoid hitting a limitation in Windows of how many icons an application can create, which can cause stability issues with very large projects."

• zenox98

i found it

• This issue happens to me too, although definitely not every 10 minutes.

• C2 still crashes but with the icon cache off it last about 30 minutes...oh well i guess i have to bare it... :/

thanks!

• How much memory is your game using? What does debug say for collisions, objects created etc?

Just because a project is large, should mean you should suffer such instability. Maybe this might be a useful large project that Ashley could use to help make C2 even better? That would have to be between you and he, obviously, but if large projects are causing C2 to fail, then something needs to be done about it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • zenox98 my game uses 60mb of VRAM on the biggest layout, it has 1700 collision checks / second 192 poly checks / second, and as of now its 2000 events... my game will most likely be 10000+ events, so if C2 cant take it...then i guess i choosed the wrong engine :/

• Those figures don't appear to be overly high. Collision checks would only be about 28 per tick which is nothing.

Those figures don't look like they should be causing a problem IMO.

What system do you have? Os, memory, GPU etc.

Have you tried this on another computer, to see if the crashes still occur?

• zenox98

My pc:

Intel phenom x4 965t 3.4ghz

XFX Radeon HD 6950 2gb Dual Fan

8gb of RAM

MSI crosshair formula V

windows 8 64 bits

using steam C2 version

maybe the windows??? i really dont have an idea of what could be the problem

• I'd try, if at all possible, to run your project on a different system to see if it still fails.

If nothing else, you will get peace of mind knowing it either works OK on a different setup - thus pointing the finger of suspicion at your current PC - or highlight a possible issue with your project or even C2 itself.

• How many individual objects do you have in your game? And I mean go count manually in the project tab. In general, three icons are loaded per object. Turning the cache of as you have done makes a big difference, but Windows has a hard limit of about 10,000 between everything running.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)