C2 crashes if TeamViewer starts

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
A cool way for kids to write and practice English Alphabets
  • Problem Description

If Construct 2 is running and you start TeamViewer, Construct 2 will freeze and crahs.

If you restart it afterwards, it works fine. It seem it's just a problem when c2 is running and TeamViewer starts up.

Attach a Capx

Not associated with any project

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Start Construct 2
    • Start TeamViewer

Observed Result

C2 freezes and eventually crashes.

Expected Result

That c2 doesn't crash.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (NO)
    • FireFox: (NO)
    • Internet Explorer: (NO)

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 10 x64 (TeamViewer 12)

Construct 2 Version ID

r241 (also happens with r239 on my end).

• I have no idea how this could happen. The OS should keep separate applications separated, unless TeamViewer tries to reach out to other applications and modify them in some way, in which case it's a bug with TeamViewer.

• I have no idea how this could happen. The OS should keep separate applications separated, unless TeamViewer tries to reach out to other applications and modify them in some way, in which case it's a bug with TeamViewer.

Can you reproduce the issue on your end?

It's not critical if you know it, butif you haven't saved and start teamviewer you will lose your progress.

Thank you for checking this out!

Regards

Andy

• I tried installing their basic version from their website, then I opened Space Blaster in C2, then started up TeamViewer. Didn't see anything go wrong, C2 stayed responsive and didn't crash. Maybe there is some incompatibility specific to your system?

• I tried installing their basic version from their website, then I opened Space Blaster in C2, then started up TeamViewer. Didn't see anything go wrong, C2 stayed responsive and didn't crash. Maybe there is some incompatibility specific to your system?

Hm strange. Maybe it's associated with my Graphic Card driver.

C2 also crashes on my end if I install a new graphic card driver by nvidia (while c2 is running).

I'm running Windows 10 Home x64 and I'm using a Nvidia GTX 970 if this is important.

Thank you!

Regards

Andy

• AndreasR did you ever find a solution? I too have this issue

• Not really. I just start teamviewer before I open C2.

Regards

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Not really. I just start teamviewer before I open C2.

Regards

This appears to be fixed in TeamViewer 12

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)