C2 crashes on Image Editor (very large project)

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you can create your own archer game and customize it however you want.
  • Hi C2 commuity,

I'm having a problem that makes me go insane... I really hope someone can help me.

My project is very large at the moment (capx. is over 1,2 GB) with a lot of images and animations. Some of them are actually pretty big.

As development progressed the engine slowed down/ took longer to load images etc. what was no real trouble for me. At least it worked.

For a few weeks I first encountered the bug when trying to edit a sprite the project crashes on a high chance. Same can happen when trying to load in sprites into the image editor. Either it fails to load the data to load in or it crashes immediately.

At that time I was able to solve that bug by closing other tabs in my project that cointained many image objects. I hoped that this was the cause of the problem (having too many tabs open) but today I got disappointed.

I dont have any tabs open (except the one I'm currently working on) and edit a sprite. But the moment I try to edit it, C2 crashes. Even when the layout is empty.

I first thought my low working memory (4 GB) on my pc was a reason for the crashes. But I tried the same on my brothers pc which has 8 GB and more power anyways. The crash still happens.

So it must be a bug related to Construct 2.

I love C2 and I really hoped you can make extremely big games with it. But this currently doesnt seem to be the case... Pls someone help me and prove to me that C2 can handle big projects!

Thanks in advance!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Closing, please see the bug report requirements or there is nothing we can do to help.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)