Bullet, Solid and Speed

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
This pack contains 10 types of bullet effects, with different shapes and colors.
  • Attach a Capx

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/762 ... Solid.capx

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• 1. Add two object sprites (Border and Bullet)
    • 2. Add Bullet Behaviour to the sprite "Bullet"
    • 3. Add Solid behavior to the sprite "Border"
    • 4. Clone "Border" with multies Angle (0, 45, 90, 270) around the sprite "Bullet"
    • 5. Set "Boundce off solids" of Bullet is "Yes"
    • 6. Set "Speed" of Bullet is "2000"
    • 7. Run Layout or Debug

Observed Result

The bullet will through out the solid and ignore the "Boundce off solid" condition.It will appear when speed more than "1100".

When set speed "2000", you can see it clearly. In chrome mobile device speed "400" was happend.

Expected Result

The bullet can't through out "bolder" as like solid behavior.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • FireFox: (YES)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 8.1

Construct 2 Version ID

Construct 2 r163

• This may not be a bug but a case of realistic expectations.

I seem to remember Ashley saying that if the speed is too great, and the objects it is meant to bounce off are too thin, then because it is checking for collisions 60 times every second, then the bullet could pass through the object instead of bouncing off.

So by my calculations (which could easily be in error) - if your bullet is traveling 2000px per sec, then it can travel 33 px in one tick. Considering the object it's meant to bounce off of is only 20 px wide, then it may jump straight over the object in one tick and not collide.

The answer was to increase the size of the object it collides with (even using an invisible collision object, for instance), or decrease the bullet speed.

I may be wrong, but that's how I remember it. Ashley is very busy at the mo, but I'm sure he'll see this eventually and correct me if necessary.

• Thanks for you reply soon, zenox98 . I was test and like you said, you must have wonderful memory. Now I can continue my game. Thanks you again ! )

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Closing as not a bug. At high enough speeds, objects will step far enough per tick to jump obstacles.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)