bullet impact bug

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
This pack contains 10 types of bullet effects, with different shapes and colors.
  • Problem Description

my bullets impact to nothing.

Attach a Capx

[attachment=0:36bhlqnr][/attachment:36bhlqnr]

Observed Result

shoot the blue square side and see what happend.

Affected Browsers

all

Operating System and Service Pack

win7x64sp1

Construct 2 Version ID

184 64bit

• Downloaded it. Tries several things with no luck. Definitely looks like a bug.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The bullet can be overlapping the wall by some amount when it collides depending on how fast it's going. You can't rely on it hitting the wall exactly at the edge.

• Closing as not a bug. Your bullet origin is on its left edge, so you spawn the impacts at the left edge of the bullet when the right edge collided.

Note that with a speed of 900 at 60 FPS, your bullets will be travelling 15 pixels per tick. This means the collision is only accurate to 15 pixels, which is more than the width of the object. You just have to be careful to not make this obvious, e.g. with moving impacts/particle effects.

• I would not say it is a bug, but i have the same problem with bullet behaviors. When the application can not keep the frame rate, collisions are skipped along with the frames where they should happen. C2 is the first engine where i see this happen, and this is bad! collisions should be handled before the frames are rendered, and even if the frames are discarded collisions should ALWAYS be taken into account or most games will break under slowdown (think about unexpected disk access peaks, for example)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)