Bug with the particle system

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
19 glow particle sprites in 4 colors and different shapes.
  • Problem Description

Well, since a crash Construct 2 had yesterday, I have this problem with my game:

Those big black squares are particle systems which failed to be particles. Indeed, this is what's supposed to happen:

What's even weirder is that this bug occurs only on that specific layout. It does not occur anywhere else.

Attach a Capx

Here is the CAPX from my game:

https://mega.nz/#!ZxtyjYTQ!3UdE9Fj3PO_J ... _Uv_DY0teM

Description of Capx

This Capx is basically my game at this point in time. As I couldn't reproduce the bug on another capx.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

Before you begin anything, I should tell you how my game works or you won't know how to actually reproduce what I'm showing you. You use the arrow keys to move left and right and jump. You use the down key tho transform quickly or press shift to have a mini menu of what you're actually selecting. Like this:

Also, why you should select the shuriken is because these particle system indicate when you can attack. They appear when the shuriken has reached a certain angular speed that gives him the power to attack the ennemies. And to reach that speed, you have to maintain the up arrow key while in the air.

There are two ways of having this bug: Loading this layout directly or loading via another layout.

First:

• Open CAPX
    • Open the concerned layout located in Layouts\Test\Game Test
    • Hit Play

This method should show an error message like this one:

Then , it will stay black for a few seconds and show this one:

Then start the layout with some of my particle system bugging (like my life system at the top left of the screen) until they get updated, or even some not appearing at all (like the concerned particle system which do not appear at all).

All of this is demonstrated in this gif:

Now the second method:

• Open CAPX
    • Open the "new game" layout located at Layout\Global Layouts\New Game
    • Hit Play

This should load for a very short while, not show any kind of error, and most of my particle systems will work just fine. However, if you go forward until you reach the leap. Before that, the particle system wont show. Like this:

Observed Result

It's quite weird because on this layout and only this layout, my particle systems are glitchy.

Expected Result

This is what's supposed to happen:

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • FireFox: (YES)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack

Window 10

Construct 2 Version ID

Construct 2 r230. The latest version to this day.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Closing, please see the bug report guidelines: the .capx you provided uses several third-party plugins, and the size indicates it is probably not a minimal reproduction of the issue.

• Ashley Did you even read? I said I'm linking the capx of my game because I couldn't reproduce the bug elsewhere. And it only occurs on one layout. You could have *at least* checked the several gifs and screenshots and see that the problem is coming from Construct and its particle system, and not from any third party plugin.

What kind of support is that?

• The guidelines describe why we normally cannot help unless you reduce it to a minimal .capx - without that, the bug report is usually not helpful, or too difficult to begin debugging, or it could be caused by one of your third-party addons. The guidelines are quite clear that if you do not follow them, your report will be closed without investigation. We deal with thousands of bug reports and this is the only way it's feasible to actually resolve a reasonable number of issues.

• Okay, I understand, I'll try to solve it on my own then.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)