[Bug] Drag + Document Bar behind another Document Bar bug.

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Be discreet and rescue your friends from behind enemy lines.
  • Problem Description

Okay, first I made a general discussion before asking if anyone has experienced sudden change of active layers or objects changing z-orders / layers unexpectedly.

Here: viewtopic.php?f=146&t=181112&hilit=+layer

It happened to me unexpectedly for a long time, I believe more or less 6 months. I always encounter this bug and don't know the reason until now.

This is actually annoying if you drag & drag objects from your projects bar in a fast pace which I do while I'm in a hurry.

At first I thought it was a glitch that happens when C2 refreshes after a task but I was unsure & I now know that I was wrong, good thing I didn't make

a bug report on that.

Now, I'll explain the bug.

1) The bug happens when you have a multiple docked document bars placed beneath each other.

2) For example, A Layer Bar beneath a Project bar. (Remember to dock the Multiple Document Bars to the right, but regardless the bug is still produced. It is just for the higher chance of reproducing the bug since I have tested it already.)

3) Make Sure the Project Bar is in front since it's pointless if the project bar is beneath since it doesn't have any obvious selecting features that reacts to the bug.

4)Dock the Properties Bar to the Left Side to see the change of Layer.

5)Add many layers, 12 will suffice. As long as the layer bar is filled with layers for higher chance of reproducing the bug.

6) Now Select and Drag the Sprite to the Projects Bar but still hold the sprite.

7)Move the Cursor up and down while holding the sprite.

8)Now you will notice in the properties bar that the active layer is changing.

Note: This also happens with the Z-Order, you can move an object to another layer with the bug

Attach a Capx

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjcW2ueud6qp1H7h55ZGiYb5D7Yv

Description of Capx

It's explained above.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

1) The bug happens when you have a multiple docked document bars placed beneath each other.

2) For example, A Layer Bar beneath a Project bar. (Remember to dock the Multiple Document Bars to the right, but regardless the bug is still produced. It is just for the higher chance of reproducing the bug since I have tested it already.)

3) Make Sure the Project Bar is in front since it's pointless if the project bar is beneath since it doesn't have any obvious selecting features that reacts to the bug.

4)Dock the Properties Bar to the Left Side to see the change of Layer.

5)Add many layers, 12 will suffice. As long as the layer bar is filled with layers for higher chance of reproducing the bug.

6) Now Select and Drag the Sprite to the Projects Bar but still hold the sprite.

7)Move the Cursor up and down while holding the sprite.

8)Now you will notice in the properties bar that the active layer is changing.

Observed Result

A Document Bar behind another document bar is still selected when dragging an object on it.

Expected Result

A Document behind another document bar should be locked and the user shouldn't be able to select any content on the covered document bar.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: Yes
    • FireFox: Yes
    • Internet Explorer: Yes
    • Nw.js: Yes

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 8.1 64-bit

Construct 2 Version ID

Construct 2 r235 Beta Release

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks, good catch and a nice report. Should be fixed in the next build.

• You're welcome & Thanks for the fix, it works great now.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)