Browser Close not working in this capx

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • Link to .capx file (required!):

dropbox.com/s/m5dfzae2ry52fe7/CloseBrowserNotWorking.capx

Steps to reproduce:

1. Click on the close button in lower left corner

2. The action is triggered as a sprite is destroyed as evidence

However, a new capx from scracth with just browser etc does close correctly.

Observed result:

Browser won't close in firefox or chrome

Expected result:

Browser should close in firefox or chrome

Browsers affected:

Chrome: yes/

Firefox: yes/

Internet Explorer:

Operating system & service pack:

windows 7 64 bit

Construct 2 version:

r120.2

• Closing as not a bug, the 'ButtonClose clicked' event does not actually contain a 'Browser: Close' action, and if I add it, it works (at least in Chrome). Note browsers do not always give you permission to close the current window; it depends how the window was opened, and whether the close request comes in a user-input event like a button click.

• I don't understand that. The browser close action was there when I put the capx up. Ok I will have to confirm it works on my pc at home. Thanks for looking, sorry for wasting your time.

• Ok, so I tried it again on my home PC and close does not work on either Firefox or Chrome. I am glad I wasn't dreaming. However it does work at the office.

So the question is what 3rd party software could be intercepting this call?

I am going to reboot see if that helps.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Nope restart didn't work. So there is something dodgy about the close browser function.

• There isn't, and it's not to do with third party software, it's just browsers are fussy about whether or not they allow you to close the window or not. It depends on the precise way the window was opened. This definitely isn't a C2 bug.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)