Big HTML5 project breaks latest Firefox/Firebug

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you can create your own archer game and customize it however you want.
  • Link to .capx file (required!): Performance Issue in a big C2 project in latest firefox. Sorry there is no .capx file available due to company terms

http://

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a big C2 project and export it as HTML5

2. Serve it on a webserver

3. (if there is only one image file missing on the server, HTML5 game hangs on startup and displays some corrupted image fragments in the canvas area; error messages are displayed)

4. if all images are available on the server, but firebug plugin is active, we observe the same effect, but unfortunately without error messages

Observed result:

• Firefox hangs and stalls in an endless JS loop

Expected result:

• Latest Firefox in combination with latest Firebug Plugin should work, since we use Firebug for debugging
    • If image files are missing on the server, at least start screen should be displayed and basic error handling possible

(please note: everything works okay in previous Firefox versions)

Browsers affected:

Firefox: yes, Version 21.0, Latest Firebug plugin

Chrome: no

Internet Explorer: no

Construct 2 version: 126

(Even if there is no solution to this problem at this point it would be very helpful to me if someone has encountered a similar issue?)

• I've seen, if all layers have Background set to transparent, that many sprites appear overlapped at 0,0.

• We can't even investigate issues, let alone fix them, unless you provide your project.

In this case I think it just might be the offline cache playing up. If you re-upload your game to a new URL with all the images present, does it work? The offline cache might have cached the fact a file was missing (it can be pretty stubborn).

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Try to upload again and restart the game. Sometimes it happens.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)