Acceleration -> Text crash

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Minimalist Crash Balls is a game where the goal is to hit the ball on the portal, with 20 different levels :)
  • Link to .capx file (required! If link is blocked remove the http and www parts):

dropbox.com/s/clj12pivwl7w40o/Acceleration%20to%20Text%20Bug.capx

Steps to reproduce:

1. Just try to run the example. Crash is immediate.

Observed result:

Crash, some java jargon is displayed.

Expected result:

Display of the touch Y acceleration.

Browsers affected:

Chrome: yes

Firefox: untested

Internet Explorer: untested

Operating system & service pack:

Win7 SP1

Construct 2 version:

R160.2

• Just tried setting a global variable to Touch.AccelerationY, crashes that way to, has nothing to do with Text object. In the debugger, I also noticed that the acceleration values for the touch object are not displayed in the watch window. Bug? Related? Doing something wrong?

• Tried running the layout and doing the preview over wifi on my android phone in the chrome browser - It shows a number instead of crashing java. The number sits still for a while. Once it started jumping around randomly, but touching and dragging didn't seem to affect the value. Im a bit baffled. I suspect the crash is related to the fact that my PC doesn't have a touch input, since it sort of works on my phone's browser.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Huh, that's odd - desktop Chrome fires a devicemotion event with null values. It's strange devicemotion would fire at all for a desktop computer. I've added a workaround for the next build, thanks for the catch.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)