'Cannot find object texture file' Tiled background

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
High quality sound effect pack, in the following categories: Dark, Mystical, Peaceful
  • Link to .capx file (required!):

dl.dropbox.com/u/42313097/Project%20Boss%20Man%20V2.capx

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open File

Observed result:

File is unable to open because I renamed a tiled background.

Expected result:

File will not open

Browsers affected:

Chrome: yes/no

Firefox: yes/no

Internet Explorer: yes/no

Operating system & service pack:

Windows 7 64-bit

Construct 2 version:

r119

Every time I name my tiled background, the saved file won't open. It always says "Cannot find object texture file 'Grid.png' in the project texture folder"

"Grid" is what I named my background. However, I'm able to open an identical file just fine, except in this case I left the tiled background as its default name.

I've seen similar posts to this in the search, though not specifically about backgrounds, so I figured it may be a bug.

Thanks!

EDIT: One thing I'd like to add is that when I save it as a project file and rename the tiled background, it opens up fine. I'm unsure if that helps verify what's going on, but figured I should add anything extra that I find out.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Can you post steps to reproduce this from a new project? I can rename tiled backgrounds just fine and this never happens.

• This is happening to me too. It happens eventually on every single program I make. Even if I make no changes to the tiledbackground.png file

• The stickied top post for this Bugs closed section says "Please do not reply to posts in this forum ".

If you are experiencing the same or a similar issue, please post a new bug report following all the guidelines, i.e. a minimum sized .capx with exact steps to reproduce. That way others can try and verify your findings also.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)