Objects will visually skew and partially disappear the farther from coords 0,0 they are if there are any objects that have an effect applied to them. Their actual locations, sizes, and shapes are accurate when attempting to select them, as indicated by the blue bounding box highlighting of a selected object. This only occurs in Layout View and only after a certain number of objects are on screen. The issue disappears when setting Preview Effects in Project Settings to No. When in Preview mode, everything appears correctly.
This occurs on the most up to date AMD, NVIDIA, and Intel drivers, as also reported in these threads.
Attach a Capx
Description of Capx
Capx is 1 layout, no events. Several Sprite Font with the Scirra Adjust HSL effect applied to them are placed on a layout along with some 9-Patch and Sprite objects that have no effects applied. As you delete objects the issue begins to clear up. This only occurs in Layout View with Preview Effects set to Yes. When Previewed, the issue does not appear at all.
Steps to Reproduce Bug
- Create a Sprite Font object
- Add an effect to it
- Copy the object several times over until skewing occurs
- Add any other object. No effect need be applied, although further distortion/clipping can occur if any effect added
- Setting Preview Effects in Project Settings to No, deleting enough Objects, or removing all effects will remove skewing
- Preview Mode will not display skewing / distortion / clipping
Layout View Screenshot
Preview Mode Screenshot
Effects should be able to be previewed in Layout View without visual distortion / skewing / clipping as in previous versions of Construct 2.
- Chrome: (NO)
- FireFox: (NO)
- Internet Explorer: (NO)
- Issue only occurs in Editor Layout View
Operating System and Service Pack
Windows 10, Version 1703, OS Build 15063.540
AMD Radeon RX 480, Radeon Software Version 17.8.2
Construct 2 Version ID
Construct 2 r246 (64-bit)
EDIT: Proper Capx posted