[r173] Conditions and actions disappearing and reappearing

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
Alot of High Quality Items sound effects for your game!
  • Problem Description

Some conditions and actions are disappearing if mouse hovering them then move away, and reappearing if they are clicked or if mouse is hover them again, it happens in windows 7 and ONLY if you set size of text to "Large 150%" or greater in control panel. I dont know about windows 8, but it has 150% scaling too, so maybe windows 8 affected. I try that on different machines with resolution 1920x1080 or greater, and 150% scaling, the problem appears everywhere. Can't say that it prevents me from work, just want to help.

Attach a Capx

[attachment=0:2cjffr6b][/attachment:2cjffr6b]

But i don't think it's needed, just set text scaling to 150%, create new project and try to add some actions or conditions.

Description of Capx

Empty project.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Open Control Panel > Display, set text to "Large 150%"
    • Open Construct 2 and choose New Project
    • Open project's Event Sheet and choose an add action or add condition
    • Choose "System" or anything else
    • Move mouse over actions or conditions and you notice the problem, lets say, click Add action > System > Move mouse on "On start of layout" button > Move mouse away from it and you see that "On start of layout" disappeared, move mouse back to a place where "On start of layout" should be, or click there, and it's reappear.

Observed Result

Conditions and actions buttons disappearing, and reappearing only if they are clicked.

Expected Result

Nothing disappeared.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (NO)
    • FireFox: (NO)
    • Internet Explorer: (NO)

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 7 64bit

Construct 2 Version ID

r173, i can't try 174 or 175 now, but i search the forum and don't find any bugreport with that problem, so i don't think that it was fixed.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Some screenshots to show what exactly happens.

Here the mouse is over the "On start of layout" button

[attachment=1:1wu5gtu1][/attachment:1wu5gtu1]

Here i move the mouse under this button and the button disappears

[attachment=0:1wu5gtu1][/attachment:1wu5gtu1]

• The same thing is with the conditions.

Normal condition window.

[attachment=2:3b6tzfjz][/attachment:3b6tzfjz]

Condition window after some mouse moves over it.

[attachment=1:3b6tzfjz][/attachment:3b6tzfjz]

[attachment=0:3b6tzfjz][/attachment:3b6tzfjz]

Sorry i made doublepost because can't upload more than 3 files.

• I can reproduce on Windows 8.1, but I have no idea why it happens. It looks like a bug in Windows. It's a built-in Windows control that we use to display those items (it's not drawn by our code) so I'm not sure how to explain it.

I'll leave the report open in case we find out a solution in future.

• Maybe this gives some valuable clues; i experienced the same bug on win 7, but only with Kyatric's CBhash plugin. I can confirm this bug is happening with r175 and Kyatric's plugin. All other plugins work flawlessly.

• Maybe this gives some valuable clues; i experienced the same bug on win 7, but only with Kyatric's CBhash plugin. I can confirm this bug is happening with r175 and Kyatric's plugin. All other plugins work flawlessly.

I don't have any plugins, and never installed them, so i dont think they are causing the problem.

• This does happen with the System object in a new project if the window is at a certain size. I don't think it has anything at all to do with third party plugins, I think it's an issue with Windows' display of the list control.

• This does happen with the System object in a new project if the window is at a certain size. I don't think it has anything at all to do with third party plugins, I think it's an issue with Windows' display of the list control.

This doesn't happen only with a system object, all objects affected, and all projects. I try to resize window but it makes buttons "blinking", lol.

• Ashley the Done button keeps getting replaced with the Back button for me, essentially making c2 unusable. I've reinstalled, emptied my plugin folder even moved my license file ... ?

I've tried 173, the latest beta and 175. Noticed it only happends inside my vm (8.1).

It's weird it just started happening today.

• Noncentz705 - that is probably unrelated to this issue so best discussed in a different thread, but try hitting 'reset dialogs' in Preferences.

• Thanks for replying so fast, it seems to have fixed the problem. I thought maybe it was related since resizing the dialogs makes it toggle between both states.

edit : It's a pretty funny bug, it makes you think someones swapping the button on you last minute in some kind of twisted humor

• This bug makes C2 very frustrating with a 4K screen. I don't want to force 1080p each time I want to use C2, and 100% scaling on a 15" screen is not for human eyes.

It looks like there are more and more 4K screens on the market at this size.

• Hi,

Have you found what is the issue? Because I have exactly the same problem...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)