Parallax Tilemap Editing Problems

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Set of 10 Parallax Background to make pixel art game.
  • I'm back with another parallax tilemap issue. . . sorry! :/ lol

Problem Description

Although a parallax tilemap now displays properly in the editor when "Display parallax in editor" is active, you can't interact with it properly. The mouse works at an improper offset which makes it difficult if not impossible to edit the parallaxed layer, especially if the tilemap is large.

Attach a Capx

I've attached a capx which demonstrates the bug.

Description of Capx

A single layer containing a tilemap with a parallax ratio of 50, 50 with "disiplay parallax in editor" set to active.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• The above post pretty much explains the steps. When you try editing the tilemap in the editor, the mouse has an incorrect offset relative to the tilemap

Observed Result

You can't edit the tilemap well

Expected Result

That when you point the cursor at a spot on the parallaxed tilemap it should take the parallax into account and offset your cursor position correctly

Affected Browsers

Not a browser issue

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 7 V 6.1 SP 1

Construct 2 Version ID

r195

Display Drivers

I'm running an HP Pavilion 6 with Intel HD graphics run through ATI drivers and am using the most up to date version available from HP. Problem still persists.

I feel kinda' like a jerk always posting these parallax tilemap problems!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Don't much like to bump a thread, but will this be fixed in the next release? I just rely on tilemaps so much in my project.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)