Keyboard display is wrong on iPad, breaks my games. :(

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Total customisation of the input! You can combine inputs from all peripherals. Make your game accessible for everyone!
  • Problem Description

Keyboard display is wrong again on iPad (since not so long, maybe on iOS on all mobiles?), it was repaired some time ago but it seems that Apple changed something again in Safari...?

When we use it, the game is resize and goes way up on-screen if the text box is at the center vertically or below it, the lower the text box is, the worst it is. The game completely disappear from the screen when the keyboard is open.

Can some people here test it on iPhone or the latest iPad? I have the iPad 4, with iOS 10.3.1 (latest version)

Attach a Capx

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1pMJa ... sp=sharing

If you want to see what it look like visually on my iPad screen:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1pMJa ... sp=sharing

Description of Capx

A simple layout with a text box in the center, just a little lower than vertical center. With a few orange sprite for tester to see the result when we use the keyboard on iPad.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Step 1 : Tap on the text box to use it.

That's all.

Observed Result

The keyboard open and then the game is resized like on my screenshot.

Expected Result

The game should scroll vertically with the keyboard appearing on-screen just below the taped text box.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (NO)
    • FireFox: (NO)
    • Internet Explorer: (NO)
    • SAFARI: (YES, on iPAD)

Operating System and Service Pack

iPad 4, iOS 10.3.1 (latest)

Construct 2 Version ID

Release 244 (64 bits)

• I posted my message while following the guidelines here. Is there an approximate time to get an answer?

Thanks in advance, I want to suscribe to C3 but...not if we don't get support, I'm a C2 owner, not free user. :/

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I posted my message while following the guidelines here. Is there an approximate time to get an answer?

Thanks in advance, I want to suscribe to C3 but...not if we don't get support, I'm a C2 owner, not free user. :/

As stated in the Bug Report Requirements:

[quote:317ew5q8]

Why haven't you responded to my bug report yet?

We do look at every report, but developer and release schedules mean we may not get round to it immediately. Please allow a few weeks for it to be investigated. If you are waiting, you can improve the chance it is resolved when a developer does get round to it by carefully reviewing these guidelines and providing as much useful information about the problem as possible. If you are missing anything, you may end up waiting a few weeks for a reply simply asking for the missing information, and then you're waiting again.

This is even more the case now with the focus being on C3 unfortunately, but hopefully a little bump after a couple of days will keep it visible and near the top.

• Thanks for the reply zenox98 really appreciate it.

Sadly, it's really been a few days now...and still no reply even if I followed all the guidelines...

This issue is not a big one for everyone here? It's really making my games pretty awkward on iOS platforms. We can't see what we are typing...and having a big black screen when we use the keyboard is not user-friendly at all...

Thanks! (and...bump)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)