Images in Editor going hidden automatically, those are still there but i can't see them

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
500 monsters and creatures images for card games - Set 1
  • Problem Description

In my Layout Images are just disappearing. Something happening strange in this file.

What is actually happening?

when i open this file, after few time images are disappearing. To make this bug happen instant, I hold Ctrl and Mouse middle button scroll-up and scroll-down continuously for few seconds and all images gone. Actually they are hidden there if i click roughly over the hidden objects i can see there properties in the panel, When this thing is happen I can't see mouse dragging in editor and i can't see selection of any object. but they are still there

What temporary solutions i found ?

1) Restart Construct 2 but problem is still there, I caught this again.

2) This is happening only in Layer named "UI" in this project, if i hide this layer, then i can see mouse dragging, i can see selection of object. and if i do unhide it, then again i can't see mouse dragging & Object's selection

3) Few layers has effect "Set Color" if i delete this effect. images comes back and if i add that effect again, images go hide again.

4) in the layer "UI" it has customized SpriteFont. if i reduce height of those Spritefont, every thing come back and if i increase height again they hidden, even if i delete those sprite font they come back.

5) I have 5 layout in total, if i remove other 4 layouts and save and restart construct 2, Now this problem never happen again.

So this is strange

Attach a Capx

dropbox.com/s/24u5733ui2g84pp/Error%20File.capx

Description of Capx

some objects and few layer with effect "Set Color" added

Steps to Reproduce Bug

Open linked capx.

Open Game Layout

Hold Ctrl and Mouse middle button and scroll up-down continuously for few second.

Observed Result

Objects in layer "UI" hiding automatically

I can't see mouse dragging in editor and i can't see selection of any object. but they are still there

Expected Result

it should work normally

Affected Browsers

Chrome: (YES)

FireFox: (NOT TESTED)

Internet Explorer: (NOT TESTED)

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 10 64 bit,

Construct 2 Version ID

R261 64-bit

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The project uses third party addons 'BHT Smart Random' and 'LiteTween'. Please remove these as per the bug report guidelines otherwise the report won't be investigated.

The symptoms also sound a lot like a GPU driver bug, so it would be worth checking for an update.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)