When a C2 game is played in an iframe, the touch coordinates received by the game are very different from actuals. This happens on mobile only, not desktop. Use r254.
Attach a Capx
https://static.gamezop.com/yashash/scir ... s-bug.capx
Description of Capx
Uses touch events to print the X, Y coordinates of user input. Uses no third-party plugins.
Steps to Reproduce Bug
- Create a simple HTML file which has an iframe that runs localhost:50000 (assuming you are running C2 projects on port 50000 locally)
<iframe src="http://localhost:50000" width="100%" height="100%"></iframe>
- Host this file locally (say at port 8000)
- Open the given capx file, and run the project (there's a dot in the center of the screen - tapping this should print X and Y coorindates close to 360X and 640Y)
- Open developer options (Ctrl + Shift + I on Chrome) and enter mobile mode. Run localhost:50000 again and tap on the dot. The coordinates are printed correctly (the coordinates will be roughly 50% of the device size set in your Chrome Dev Tools, which also is a little weird, giving that scaling is letterbox).
- Now run the iframe page while still in mobile mode (localhost:8000 in this example). This will open the game in an iframe. Tap on the dot now and the coordinates printed are totally off.
When the game is run in an iframe, touch coordinates received by game are wrong.
The game should receive same X & Y coordinates irrespective of whether or not it is iframed.
Please note, the problem has to be reproduced in the mobile mode on each of these browsers.
- Chrome: YES. Version 64.0.3282.167 (Official Build) (64-bit)
This issue doesn't come up if the project is exported from r253.
- FireFox: No
- Internet Explorer: Unsure.
Operating System and Service Pack
Windows 10 Home, Version 1709, OS Build 16299.248
Construct 2 Version ID
253 and 254.