Event ordering bug

0 favourites
  • 14 posts
From the Asset Store
Match same tiles with each other as fast as you can and earn more score during a limited time!
  • In the event sheet, when moving an event you cannot place it below an event that has subevents. This is a severe workflow annoyance that many people have grown accustomed to over the years, but would be nice to have solved one day!

Normally you can drag an event below another event.

In this situation, you cannot place the top event below the 2nd one.

I do not want event 1 to become a subevent! Just a little more to the left!

Also showing that I cannot place it to the left as a "top level event", it's being forced as a subevent, not what we want!

It is possible to do this nicely, photshop has done so for a while with it's layering system (with folders effectively being subevents).

• indeed... it's very annoying. however it only occurs when you're trying to place something in the last line of the eventsheet.

You can't place neither events, nor groups in the last line when there is a subevent/subfolder in place.

• you could, however, by default, when you start a new event sheet, just place a comment at the end, and leave it there forever. problem solved.

• Sargas, That doesn't solve the problem, it happens under every group, under every subevent, so unless you fill your entire sheet with empty events it will always be an issue.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • well... thats weird. for me it REALLY does only happen on the last line =/

unless.... hang on a sec, gonna test it just to be sure.

ok, now i'm sure. at least for me, the problem is only present on the last line of the event sheet.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20613220/see.gif

• Sargas

• oh, you're right. didn't think of that one.

So the bug is present in 2 places. at the end of the event sheet, and the end of every group.

Ashley should take a look at this eventually , hopefully it's a a minor problem and not something that requires a total rewrite of the entire program xD

• Valid spot. My workaround has been to close the event/group and its sub-events and then to move the new event group above it so it maintains hierarchy - while they are collapsed, it is then easy to swap them around. Not ideal, but it stops me from going mad until it's fixed.

• +1 to this issue, juggling the two bottom events is getting a little annoying.

Also, since we are on events - why aren't there any sensible keyboard controls for these? Keyboard left and right to close and open, pg up and pg dn to jump between top level events, home to move to parent event, etc. Always scrolling through the list, even with most things neatly grouped is a bit cumbersome.

• ...Also, since we are on events - why aren't there any sensible keyboard controls for these? Keyboard left and right to close and open, pg up and pg dn to jump between top level events, home to move to parent event, etc. Always scrolling through the list, even with most things neatly grouped is a bit cumbersome.

Great idea. But further, I'd like to see a similar option to move events up or down in their hierarchy with such simple key presses.

LEFT - move event up in the hierarchy (reduced in sub-event status or becomes a main event line).

RIGHT - move down in the hierarchy (or becomes a sub-event to the even line of the immediate event directly above it (even if the same event line has multiple sub-events of its own).

UP/DOWN - Move an event line up/down, trading places with the event line immediately above/below it, regardless of hierarchy.

SHIFT+LEFT/RIGHT - open/close selected (sub)event/group.

SHIFT+UP/DOWN - move the event up/down to the very top/bottom of the next level of hierarchy.

...or something to that effect.

• Sargas

I've also noticed this problem even without Groups in play. Just simply EVENT LINES, period.

• +1 ... It was super annoying when new to c2 then I kind of got used to it... But you are right, having to juggle the last few events is annoying.

• +1

• +1 for the issue and +1 for the keyboard idea.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)