[C2/C3] Improve Xbox Live plugin (FGRL issue)

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • - Problem Description -

I'm trying to pass the certification in the program IDaxf@Xbox but I get this rejection report:

- Screenshots -

- Attach a Capx -

Any project with Xbox live integration for IDeax@Xbox

- Steps to Reproduce Bug -

- Observed Result -

Service Access Limitations

- Expected Result -

No Service Access Limitations

- Affected Browsers -

Chrome: (NO)

FireFox: (NO)

Internet Explorer: (NO)

Visual Studio: (YES)

- Operating System and Service Pack -

Windows 10 version 1803

- Construct 2 Version ID -

r262 64bit

• Hi Ashley!

Is there any chance that problems with Xbox Live plugin will be solved in the near updates?

• This isn't anything to do with Construct. The plugin only makes requests when you use actions, so the amount the service is used is determined entirely by your own events. I think the most likely cause is an action that accidentally runs every tick, e.g. "State = finished, update achievements" will make an "update achievements" request 60 times a second while that condition is true, essentially DoS attacking the service, so then they will block you. Check your events for that; otherwise you should probably contact Microsoft about it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • e.g. "State = finished, update achievements" will make an "update achievements" request 60 times a second while that condition is true

Yes, I understand this, and I do not have such conditions in the project. I provided you with a screenshot of Xbox Live Trace Analyzer where you can see that the main problem with the Profile and Presence services. Also, you can see that I'm calling "Set presence" and "Request profile info" only once after triggering "On local user added". So I do not understand why so many repeated requests of this services?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)