Underscores stop C2 from guessing expressions after the underscore or if you make a spelling mistake with the variable's name after the . character (until you backspace passed the . and then it will start guessing again
You will not need to run the layout to see this bug.
Attach a Capx
Description of Capx
Demonstrates that C2 will stop guessing your expressions under two circumstances.
Steps to Reproduce Bug
- Step 1) Create an instance variable for a sprite object and (boolean or value) and call it "b_example"
- Step 2) Create a variable called "Blah" (You can name this whatever you want, just make sure the first letter starts with the characters 'B' or 'b'
- Step 3) Go to the event sheet.
- Step 4) Select the sprite object to add an action.
- Step 5) Select an action that allows you to enter an expression. For example: "Set Value"
- Step 6) Type out your expression but make sure you are typing out the "Blah" expression. For example: "Self.Blah" You will notice that after you type the 'B' or 'b' Character, it will stop guessing what you are trying to enter and the expression results disappear.
- Step 7) Change the name of b_example to bexample, then start this test from Step 3. When you get to Step 6, you will notice that construct will not stop guessing your expression and will continue to keep it up until you decide to select something or finish that part of the expression after the . character.
- Step 8) Providing there are no underscores in any variables, type your expression after . with a spelling mistake and even though you backspace to fix spelling mistake, C2 will not guess your expression until after you delete and replace the . (the full stop/period character)
C2 stops guessing your expression to select from the expressions list under where you are typing.
C2 keeps results there until you have finished typing all characters of your expression (or selected from the expressions list)
C2 returns expressions list when your expression no longer has any spelling mistakes after the . character without having to replace it.
- Chrome: N/A
- FireFox: N/A
- Internet Explorer: N/A
Operating System and Service Pack
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro v10.0.17134 Build 17134
Construct 2 Version ID
Beta release r257.3