Black screen when exporting to Chrome Web Store

• Problem Description

Black screen when exporting to Chrome Web Store

Attach a Capx

See last post on thread: how-do-i-stop-a-black-screen-showing_t150283

Description of Capx

Does a web game.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

1 Export to Chrome Web Store in whatever way possibly, e.g. offline or online, minify or no minify 2 Run game get black screen in Chrome

Observed Result

Black screen upon running game

Expected Result

The game to run fine like it does on all other platforms and when debugging in construct 2

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 8.1, 8 and 7

Construct 2 Version ID

Construct 2 Release 210 as per: https://www.scirra.com/construct2/releases/r210

http://filebin.ca/2BCvVpaZ0erF/Drops.capx

• There is not a .capx in the last post of the thread you linked to. Please make sure the bug report includes everything necessary to investigate, including a direct link to a .capx.

I tested this with Space Blaster and it ran fine exported as a Chrome Web Store packaged app and loaded from chrome://extensions, so it appears to be working OK.

• Added link to file in the above post. I have pretty much given up on this problem, I could not find a solution via the other post I posted.

• I've found it's because the asm.js build of the Physics behavior uses eval() in a few places. I've no idea why, but this is not allowed on the Chrome Web Store.

I don't know what we could do about this!

• First of all many thanks for your response and interest in this matter. It is problematic for me, as I use construct 2 mainly because I do not understand Javascript well enough to code my own games in this sense.

Would the most obvious thing to do, to remove eval() from the asm.js file or is it not that simple? If so why not? (I am asking to learn not to be awkward )

• ?

• SomeT The workaround is to use box2dweb instead of asm.js.

• Sisyphus there is still a black screen when I do this.

• I just checked in the latest version and still the same problem despite trying all the proposed solutions. Sisyphus Ashley

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • SomeT Sorry, i thought only asm.js affected.

• Hopefully in the future I can figure out some sort of fix for this.

• i get the same issue when i export my game app to the chrome web store and i cant find a single work around for it every time i try just a black screen

• TMsimonW Sorry to hear that. Hopefully a good solution arises somehow in the future. Chrome web store is not my main area of publishing, however it would be nice as I do use a chromebook a lot for studying stuff.

• As far as I can see the problem is specific to asm.js physics. If I set the .capx in this thread to use box2dweb physics, it works fine as a packaged app when tested from chrome://extensions. If anyone has any issues with the Chrome Web Store when not using asm.js physics, please file a separate bug report for that.

• Ashley could you please be more specific on: "it works fine as a packaged app when tested from chrome://extensions." because I am just exporting from construct 2 selecting the chrome webstore option then clicking the index.html file this still brings up a black screen under box2dweb physics.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)