Ajax and Audio breaks after semi-large music file is played

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Source File, music and art pack for Android Negotiator
  • Problem Description

____ After playing a song on loop which was 22 MB when imported as wav (no issues stated or file errors) is played, followed by an ajax request for a project file that is somewhat buried in events, causes the ajax request to never return anything. when a wav that is played which is smaller, there are no issues with ajax requests____

Attach a Capx

____https://www.dropbox.com/s/kjghuz4rcw3udk1/AjaxAudioConflict.capx____

Description of Capx

____ Demonstrates how ajax requests quit working after the audio object plays a music file that is over a certain size (relatively small for a song)____

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• click button on the right
    • click the middle button
    • click button on right again to turn off that music
    • click button on left
    • click the middle button again

Observed Result

____ ajax will not load the project file. also you cannot play the other sound file again, that breaks too ____

Expected Result

____ Ajax should load the project file json string (which is a level taken from our game) ____

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • FireFox: (Not sure)
    • Internet Explorer: (Not sure, I don't use shit browsers)

Operating System and Service Pack

____ Windows 7 service pack 1 ____

Construct 2 Version ID

____ Release 173 ____

• Could you test all browsers please? It is important information to help accurately diagnose problems. Also does this happen after export?

• I just tested it in Firefox and it works just fine with music streaming. It produced no ajax errors, and other songs also streamed properly afterward. I'm having trouble getting IE to load the game at all. But I've never updated IE and I can't remember the last time i've updated windows. I will try that next.

Update: Only Chrome has the issue.

When I export using node webkit, it works like normal.

I apologize for not testing these things. I'm sort of new to bug testing. I will certainly be more thorough next time!

For Now I will just have a check to see if the player is using chrome and force download the songs in advance or something

• I think this is a known issue with Chrome breaking connections with the preview server. I'm not sure there's much we can do about it. Have you tested r175?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I just tested it in r175 and it still has the same problem.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)