ADmob plugin no longer works, crashes game without game even running for a sec

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
In this template the music plays without looping in your game
  • Hey guys I used to use Cocoon.io before it was shut down and had no problems with building a game which uses the Admob plugin that comes with C2. I actually used Phonegap for a while before Cocoon and it used to build without errors and that was like months ago like mid 2018. So I switched back to Phonegap like right now and using Construct R265 exporting to cordova, not touching the plugin's tag and trying to build with build.phonegap.com it fails to build with an error that says something about "Rewarded video" (of which C2 doesnt have so maybe thats what causes that build fail) so the I specify an earlier version of the plugin the config.xml making it <plugin name="cordova-plugin-ad-admob" spec="1.0.111"/>, it then builds but the apk crushes on being run like not even a sec. I keep dropping the version (while looking at its github changelog) from "1.0.111" to "1.0.108" to "1.0.103" etc and it still crushes until I reach lower versions where its not even building anymore.

Me test device : Samsung Galaxy J2 Core 2018, Android 8.1.0

Ashley cranberrygame help

• First thing, please stop with capital letters in the titles of your topic.

Secondly, your bug report does not contain a Construct project to test, it does not contain precise steps to reproduce the issue, so it will likely be closed.

Finally you can debug your APK : construct.net/en/forum/construct-3/general-discussion-7/debug-your-apk-135635

And this should give a hint as to what/why it is crashing.

There might be an issue with cordova export in R265.

Other reports might indicate that project's images are not properly exported.

This may or may not be related.

• Kyatric Thanks, will definitely look into it (let's hope I dont have to be subscribed to C3). Yes, my bad for posting this in the bug section and also writing the topic in capital letters (Im sure that has killed people).

Also Im not talking about images being exported wrong, I am talking about the admob plugin which comes with C2 that calls for a 3rd party plugin by cranberrygame of which he has recently updated to have Rewarded video ads features which is causing a build error at Phonegap build. It would have been more helpful to everyone if you actually just tried to build a C2 project with that plugin with Phonegap then came back and told me if I am wrong or not

• The admob banners stopped showing on my previously published game about 7 days ago. I've reached out to Admob for support as well. The app is requesting but it's not matching up / displaying.

I'm wondering if it's a non-Construct issue since I tested against previously packaged apk files that worked prior to last week.

No ads displayed but no game crashes either.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The admob banners stopped showing on my previously published game about 7 days ago. I've reached out to Admob for support as well. The app is requesting but it's not matching up / displaying.

I'm wondering if it's a non-Construct issue since I tested against previously packaged apk files that worked prior to last week.

No ads displayed but no game crashes either.

pyramidlakegames I used to have the same issues when my games used to run and the ads ended up showing a while later. Can you please tell me how you export your games so i can atleast get mine to run.

• Also pyramidlakegames Ashley cranberrygame here is my example capx and ready-to-build-zip in this zip : dropbox.com/s/qw9z2ak278gk6ks/capx%26ready2buildzip.zip

Construct 2 release : R265

Test device : Samsung Galaxy J2 Core 2018 (Android 8.1.0)

Phonegap export method : construct.net/en/tutorials/build-android-apps-with-phonegap-1294

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)