Why my game is very laggy when run on android (phonegap)

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • Hello guys, i want to ask about something, when i try this game in my computer (localhost:50000), the game is seems fine, but when i export to cordova and use build phonegap. (approx download 10.9 and memory use 523.1 mb and events: 152), the game become super laggy. what best solution for this laggy problem??

thanks before and sorry about my grammar and vocabularies...

• 1. Check to make sure your device is not on fire, especially if it's a galaxy 7.

2. Read this help on optimizing for mobile and see if any of it will help.

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/298/performance-tips-for-mobile-games

3. Try running it through a browser on the device and see if it's still laggy, if so you know its not the game but phonegap or cordova where you need to focus.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • 1. Check to make sure your device is not on fire, especially if it's a galaxy 7.

2. Read this help on optimizing for mobile and see if any of it will help.

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/298/performance-tips-for-mobile-games

3. Try running it through a browser on the device and see if it's still laggy, if so you know its not the game but phonegap or cordova where you need to focus.

okay thank you chrisinfinger, i will try your suggestion, i hope this will be improve my project

• I had a similar problem and I solved it partially removing all effects from sprites

• Typically, I have found the download size, memory usage, and number of events have a smaller impact on the performance than you would originally think. What usually makes the game slow on mobile is the amount of Particles being created and the number of visual effects you have on sprites. You can use the debugger, which is the little bug with the play symbol on it so see what is eating up the most resources. You can check the profile tab of the debugger to see which event sheet/group is using the most resources. I hope this helps!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)