How upload game

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
You can upload screenshots and photos to your server very easily.
  • Hello,

I need advice on how to upload the game.Loading game to scirra arcade. Instead of starting the game jumps out at me this description.

A generic error occurred in GDI+.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException: A generic error occurred in GDI+.

Source Error:

The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL:

1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:

<%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

or:

2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:

<configuration>

<system.web>

<compilation debug="true"/>

</system.web>

</configuration>

Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.

Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.

Sorry, but I don´t understand this information.

Thanks you for your help.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Did you export your game for the arcade?

I know its a silly question but you could have made a mistake and clicked on a different platform on export.

• Hi,

I exported only for arcade. I don´t now what this information means, because I´m beginner :-/

Thank you for answer

• The error to my understanding is that when you exported the file, it now wants to run in debug mode. Which it cannot do since it is exported and no longer in C2. I have two suggestions the first being hopefully the easiest. Make sure that in the project properties panel that the default way to launch the games in the editor is localhost:50000. It could be as simple that your C2 file is setup to automatically run in debug which in turn is affecting your export. Then try to re export for the Scirra arcade.

If that doesn't work then it gets harder to actually do as this requires manually editing the "config.html" file and you will need a file editor(hopefully notepad will do) we are doing the second one of the suggested fixes from the report.

1 Open the folder of the game you exported

2 edit the file that says config

3 Copy and paste the

<configuration>

<system.web>

<compilation debug="true"/>

</system.web>

</configuration>

into your file. At the top should be fine.

If that works then know that when you launch the game it will be in debug mode. see "Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode." So you really need to try to get my first suggestion to work so when you export your next attempt will run smoothly

I try to make it simple to get across, but explaining tech issues across language barriers is difficult.

Also https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/82/uploading-to-the-scirra-arcade Is the turorial for uploading to the scirra archade

Look at "Currently the Arcade only supports the built-in plugins and behaviors, except for the platform specific plugins (like the Windows 8 object). Also, the Browser object has limited features on the Arcade: any actions which can navigate to a different page are blocked for security reasons." Dose your game run useing any downloaded plugins or behaviors? That too can be the problem.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)