How do I make a timer bar that starts over automatically?

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Tabata timer
$9.99 USD
Template for Tabata timer, fully documented in comments and video
  • Sorry in advance for being a noob.

How do I make a timer bar that starts over automatically?

Similar to FFVI: I'm just having a hard time getting pointed in the right direction and I'm only looking for hints so I'm not wasting a lot of my time.

Am I supposed to be using simple "sprites" or the "progress bar"?

Would I use the "Timer" behavior?

And how does the "8 direction 1" example not have anything on the event sheet?

• Go check through the manual and some tutorials for some of these basics. The 8 direction behavior by default uses the 'default controls' or, rather, the arrow keys for movement. You can add events to simulate those button presses (and disable them altogether) via events.

The progress bar is pretty simple once you get the idea behind it. You need one object (either a tiled background or 9-slice object) and one variable.

Here's a simple example: http://www.adamcreations.com/show/loadingbar.capx

• " Unable to launch browser 'NW.js' for preview. "

I can see how you made it, but I can't make it run.

• in project properties set preview browser to something else than nw.js and you can preview..

• I already tried that.

It doesn't work in Chrome or IE.

• I already tried that.

It doesn't work in Chrome or IE.

I have no problem playing it in chrome..

I have no problem playing it in Internet explorer..

I have no problem playing it in Firefox..

All I had to do is change the preview browser in project properties..

• > I already tried that.

>

> It doesn't work in Chrome or IE.

>

I have no problem playing it in chrome..

I have no problem playing it in Internet explorer..

I have no problem playing it in Firefox..

All I had to do is change the preview browser in project properties..

Me too. I tested in in IE, Chrome, and NW (I, admittedly, skipped Firefox). If that example doesn't work in your browser of choice (and you're selecting it from the preview setting) then you have some other issues on your computer to work out.

• Its a fresh install of the newest possible beta. Are there any libraries I need to add?

• It shouldn't have anything to do with C2. Do any c2 games load for you? There isn't a plugin or anything, it runs directly in the browser engine. I would check your chrome and ie installations.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yes, all the stuff I make runs fine.

I can only assume there is something you're using in your example that is not in the demo version.

• You're on the demo version? Sorry, you should have specified. Perhaps 9-patch objects aren't supported. Or local variables maybe? I really don't know the specifics of what is and is not enabled.

Here it is running: Loading bar

here is the event sheet:

The green bar is a thin tiled background, the outline is a 9-patch object so both can be endlessly stretched with no ill effect.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)