How do I test my game on android.

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Soldier Test
$9.99 USD
A Construct version 2 & 3 "Stand-alone" RPG game with "In-Game Module" (IGM) integration.
  • I want to test my game on android to ensure it works the way it does on a browser, and with touch functions, before I continue to my next phase of development.

Tried doing some research online but found nothing helpful. Everything kept pointing to cocoonjs, but I'm guessing that requires some sort of purchase? Because it isn't listed as an export option. I'm not in a position now where I can pay for anything... and I'm just looking to personally test it at the point.

• Take a look at this

How to preview on a local network

• ..also search net for

WAMP , XAMPP , MAMP , AMPPS ....

• Are all of these just ways to play it on my phone as an html5 game? Im really more interested in more of a mobile export or replica of it, that let's me test how well touch works.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • CocoonJS is not an official export option since its support was dropped last year.

The tutorial mentioned by vendara is an official way, but indeed requires a licensed version of Construct2 to work.

In your case, it sounds like you need to export as a HTML5 website, host it online (through a file service like dropbox or google drive) and then go to that URL with a Chrome for Android from your phone.

This is the equivalent of the export option for Android since it's wrapping a chrome browser to execute your game.

Also, to export to Android you need a Construct 2 license, so perhaps are you targeting the wrong device anyway since you can't buy it according to what you say.

• Thank you that helps. I will gladly get the license when I havery my finished product, this is more of an alpha test of sorts.

Do you think chrome would run. It ok? Aren't there some drop box services/ apps that would make it run much more like a mobile game?

I'll be attempting tonight, I'm fearing the screen sizing will not be right, and any hold finger on screen actions may not act right.

• Maybe I'm just not in it tonight... tried exporting with html5, uploaded to google drive, and I cannot open the game. If I click to open the html document it just opens up a view of all the raw code.

• Got it working, touch functionality wasnt working correctly... guess until I purchase the full version and get to do a real upload I wont really know.

• Got it working, touch functionality wasnt working correctly... guess until I purchase the full version and get to do a real upload I wont really know.

You don't have to purchase a "Personal License" for the touch functionality to work...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)