I created a .capx for you. :)
When I started thinking about a way to implement what you want, I figured that it would be the easiest way to go with the Physics behaviour.
So I went and added a Physics behaviour to the Chopper. (You can modify the chopper's movement in the air with the Physics's parameters like damping or density).
The way the Chopper gets moved is the following:
I added two ImagePoints to the Chopper's Sprite (which I created just for you, it's ugly I know), one at the left rotor and one at the right.
Now when you press the left key, a Physics force is being applied to the left rotor, towards the direction the Chopper is facing at the moment.
The same is for the right key, just that the right rotor is being affected.
That is basically it. There is much to tweak for you to fit the Chopper's behaviour in the air to your liking. You can do this via these parameters:
Chopper's physics behaviour - parameters:
- Density (affects the general speed of the Chopper, the lower the number the more do the forces affect the Chopper)
- Linear damping (affects the acceleration and deceleration in the air, the higher the number, the faster does the Choppers speed reduce)
- Angular damping (affects the rotation speed, the higher the number, the slower does the Chopper turn)
- Apply Physics force X at Image Point (X affects the strength of the force, the higher the value, the faster the Chopper will rotate and the faster its speed will increase)
- IF Chopper(Physics velocity < -60) THEN Set Physics velocity to ..., -60 (change 60 to whatever you like, this just ensures that the Chopper can't go up at infinite speed, it basically clamps its horizontal up speed to maximum 60.)
I tweaked the settings so that the Chopper is somewhat controllable, change the settings as you want or implement it in your project if you dig it. You can take my Sprite even if you want. (Though I don't recommend it, it is NOT particularly beautiful. It took 5 minutes to create and that's how it looks like lol)
That's all to say. I hope, I understood you correctly this time. :D
Have fun with this capx.