System pick instance condition

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Pick Up Items Sound effects for your game, Take them for a ride right now and you will worry no more.
  • Hello, how does those conditions works ? I need to check if there is an instance under mouse position, and i thought of making condition "pick overlapping point". I did it, but i have no idea how to check if such instance exist. I need to perform an action ONLY IF there is no instance found under given position.

Another question: if i pick some instances with systems condition, how can i determine which particular instance I am using in actions ? Lets say I have action "set text to instance.variable" - if i pick more then 1 instance - how does it work in such situation ?

• Your first problem:

Mouse-> Cursor is over object

Second:

As far as I know it always picks the last created instance. It's always good to be precise when picking objects.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • THANKS MAN !!! Mouse coursor over object is perfectly fine for this purpose

By the way documentation says something different of picking instances with mentioned condition:

"Pick overlapping point

Pick all instances of a given object type that are overlapping a point in the layout. The given X and Y position in the layout will be tested against the instance's collision polygons."

• yes, it picks all instances. But when you try to get an instance variable, it uses the object with the highest UID.

• Here is a quick example capx that might help...

(There are, no doubt, other ways to do this)

• RamPackWobble I wanted that but I could not figured it out. Thanks a million you are gr8 thanks again

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)