[SOLVED]How do I format text on the spot?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Change delay, create new lines, "backspace" the text
  • Hey guys,

So I thought this is going to be one of those simple things and obvious things where I'd search over Google or in the forums and I'd find it. Unfortunately, I was surprised to find out that there is not a single piece of information that helps you format a text you set using events.

All what I want to do is color a few words in a text I am setting as a conversation for an NPC.

Here is an example:

"Hi, Bob, let's go to the mall?"

So I do an Event like below:

Keyboard on Key Released (Space): Set Conversation Text to "Hi, Bob, let's go to the mall?"

Now what I need to do is through that Set Text action to color "mall" or "Bob" for example in red or blue.

Is there a way to do that?

• I'm not sure, but I think Construct 2 doesn't allow the styling of individual words or the use of html tags inside Text and Text Box objects. Maybe there's a plugin available for that.

• Really? That is... well... that is something really basic not to include in the engine...

Is there anyway around this perhaps then? I did search on the forum for text formatting but I found nothing; no plugin, nothing... I thought it was something really stupid and easy that people never fell where I am now >.<

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • yes you can through effects

• May I ask how? As I read through the effects and it looks like it applies for the whole object rather than just a word in a line of text?

Is there any tutorials about this, perhaps?

• Here is link for all the plugins

• Thank you very much. I thought you meant tutorials so I have been looking in there not the plugins. But I got Rex's Text color one it seems to do what I need.

Again thank you very much

• Most welcome dear friend

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)