[SOLVED] Walkable area.

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
  • I'm looking for a more efficient way to create an area that is easily walkable.

Currently, I use a 9 patch for the platform, with a stretched sprite working as collision buffers (the black lines).

Is there an easier way to do this?

Utilizing physics as I am, this is obviously an unwieldy way to make a traversable platform.

http://imgur.com/9A5Kw4N

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm looking for a more efficient way to create an area that is easily walkable.

Currently, I use a 9 patch for the platform, with a stretched sprite working as collision buffers.

Is there an easier way to do this? Utilizing physics as I am, this is obviously an unwieldy way to make a traversable platform.

http://imgur.com/9A5Kw4N

To make a walk-able area in a platform game. Add the Solid Behavior in your 9 patch object. And for the Player add the Platform Behavior.

If you ask me I wouldn't use 9Patch as a walk-able area, designs or ground in a platformer game. I would use Tilemaps or TiledBackgrounds whichever is more convenient.

Using 9Patch is very incovenient and performance is not optimized for this kind of things especially in mobile games.

• To make a walk-able area in a platform game. Add the Solid Behavior in your 9 patch object. And for the Player add the Platform Behavior.

If you ask me I wouldn't use 9Patch as a walk-able area, designs or ground in a platformer game. I would use Tilemaps or TiledBackgrounds whichever is more convenient.

Using 9Patch is very inconvenient and performance is not optimized for this kind of things especially in mobile games.

Hi there! There's a couple of problems with using Solid/Platform.

1.) It doesn't actually accomplish what I'm trying to do.

2.) The fact I'm using Physics.

I originally attempted to use the two in tandem but found there to be significant issues which I wasn't able to overcome if I wanted to maintain the same feel. So I've begun using Physics exclusively.

I'm not actually partial to the 9 patch. In the first iteration of my game, movement like this wasn't something I was attempting to do. There's a lot of other changes that led to the 9 patch as well. I will likely switch to a different display method for the image, it serves it's purpose for now though.

Edit; I could technically utilize Solid/Platform for what I'm trying to accomplish but that means I still have to utilize the method I am using.

• If this is a 2.5-D game, I would use 8-direction and make the places you DON'T want him to go solid. Jumping would have to be made with events and/or animations, and you would have to somehow track what collision layer he's in. I had a lot of time today, so I put together a demo of what I mean.

drive.google.com/file/d/0B_yBalwF1wRjbGZOQ3o1ck9pcFk/view

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)