[SOLVED] How can you limit a list of actions to a layout

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Template for scrollable list, fully documented in comment and video
  • Hello,

Since C2 free version is limited by 100 events, I am using 1 Event Sheet for more than 1 layout to try and work within the 100 events boundary. However, some of the levels in my game are a bit different in mechanics than the rest.

I would like to do something along the lines of "If a certain Layout is currently running, do X, Y and Z."

How can I do that?

Also (since the question text field wasn't enough to include this) I have this object that acts as a wall. I imported 3 different types of these walls and tweaked each as a separate object (instead of combining them into 1 object with different animations). The problem is, I need to run events for the 3 types now and I am running out of events in my game so is there a way to merge three sprites instead of recreating them?

I understand I can redo everything -- that is the point of asking this, I don't want to redo all the work I did for the 3 types again.

Thank you very much in advance,

Vallar.

• Bump... still looking for a solution to this problem. Anyone know how to get around this?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Still looking for the solution of multiple layouts using 1 event sheet... any idea how this is resolved?

• Good reading material

Screenshots of what manual says:

[attachment=2:17d6zucb][/attachment:17d6zucb]

and in practice...

[attachment=1:17d6zucb][/attachment:17d6zucb]

You can also create a primary event sheet and use includes which include eventsheets. THis is nice to do, for example

[attachment=0:17d6zucb][/attachment:17d6zucb]

So you can place all your global variables in one event sheet and include them.

But answer your question click layout properties drop down menu will list event sheets to associate with layout.

• DUTOIT

I though you were taking a well-deserved rest, man!?!

Just can't stop yourself, huh

• DUTOIT

I though you were taking a well-deserved rest, man!?!

Just can't stop yourself, huh

Lol, its habit, but I will be cutting back a lot...

• Thank you very much, that did the trick. ^_^

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)